SCAN - Village Magazine
- Read the latest issue of SCAN online - choose your preferred format:
|May:||PDF version||Word version||ISSUU version|
- Right click on the PDF or Word versions to download and save the file to your own PC. The online version opens in a new window and includes the Editorial content, but not the adverts. For back issues, please see the list in the right hand column.
- You can also go directly to the 'Sherington' home page at ISSUU, which lists all available uploaded issues, via the link http://issuu.com/sherington
|Editor:||Mrs Betty Feasey MBE||13 School Lane,|
|Sherington Correspondent:||Mr Michael Inskipp||The Chapel,|
The Knoll, Tel: 216214,
|Treasurer and Advertising Manager:||Mrs Christine Barry|| 71A Kilpin Green, North Crawley, Tel: 01234 391328, |
- SCAN is the local parish magazine. It is published 11 times a year and typically consists of up to 72 A5 pages.
- The name SCAN comes from the first letter of the names of the four villages of the parish in which it is distributed: Sherington, Chicheley, Astwood and North Crawley. It also covers Hardmead.
- The magazine is distributed free of charge to all households in the area. The circulation for the November 2004 issue was 943 copies.
- April 2002 saw a change in both Editor and Treasurer/Advertising Manager to Betty Feasey and Wendy Austyn respectively. In March 2006, Christine Barry took over as Treasurer/Advertising Manager.
- The June 2011 issue was SCAN number 408. The total number of advertisers since day one exceeds 310.
- From 2011, there will be no January edition, but there will be an August issue instead.
- The editorial team provide their services free, but the printing and materials must be paid for. The costs are met partially by advertising and partially by donations. Advertising in SCAN costs only £240 per annum for a full page and is a cost-effective method of reaching all homes in the area. Half and one-third page adverts are also available. Adverts do not meet the full costs of production and the editorial team are always grateful for donations.
Some of the covers of SCAN magazine on display in the Village Hall at the Sherington Historical Society Open Day on 30 September 2006
- Many thanks go to the SCAN editors and contributors for the Sherington editorial material from SCAN which has been republished on this Web site, eg: the church diary and parish register, plus some of the news and 'what's on' information.