Milton Keynes Council - Sherington Ward
- Most of the local facilities and services in Sherington are provided by Milton Keynes Council.
- Milton Keynes Council is a Unitary Authority. Its responsibilities are a combination of those for a County Council and a Borough Council.
- Further details of Milton Keynes Council's services are given on its own web site.
- Sherington Ward includes Sherington, North Crawley, Chicheley, Lathbury, Moulsoe, Gayhurst and Stoke Goldington. It also includes includes Astwood, Emberton, Filgrave, Hardmead and Tyringham from the former Ouse Valley Ward.
- Sherington Ward is represented by one Councillor, who serves in office for 4 years.
Milton Keynes Council Elections - 5 May 2011
MILTON KEYNES COUNCIL ELECTION
THURSDAY 5TH MAY 2011
- Keith McLean (Conservative) is the new Councillor for Sherington Ward on Milton Keynes Council in the elections on 5 May 2011.
- Turnout in Sherington was 61.71% (2013 ballot papers issued, 3262 electorate, with 8 spoilt ballot papers)
|Donald Keith MCLEAN||The Conservative Party Candidate||1082|
|Samuel Alizico POTTS||Liberal Democrats||682|
|Alan PRICE||The Labour Party Candidate||131|
|Raymond Alastair DENMAN||UKIP||109|
MK Councillor 2007 to 2011
- The Councillor for Sherington Ward from May 2007 to May 2011 was Sam Potts (Liberal Democrat).
Contact details: Tel: 01234 391959.
- Further details about Sam Potts are available from:
- He also has his own web site: www.sampotts.org
Milton Keynes Council Elections - May 2007
- Sam Potts (Lib Dem) was the Councillor for Sherington Ward on Milton Keynes Council from May 2007 to May 2011. In the elections on 3 May 2007 he beat Keith Fraser (Conservative) by just 10 votes.
- Turnout in Sherington was much higher than in any other ward (1955 of the 3287 electorate voted - 59.48%)
|Sam Potts||Liberal Democrats||921|
|Keith Brian Fraser||The Conservative Party Candidate||911|
|Rhiannon Sarah John||The Labour Party Candidate||74|
|Dana Green||UK Independence Party||48|
- There were 4 nominations for the single vacancy to represent Sherington Ward on MK Council. The retiring Councillor, Pat Seymour (Lib Dem), did not seek re-election. The local Polling Station was the Village Hall. Polling was from 7am to 10pm on 3 May 2007.
|Keith Brian Fraser||The Conservative Party Candidate||Barnby Villa, Newport Road, Emberton, MK46 5JD||Carole R. Fraser, Yvonne M. Terry, Richard J. Gates, Patricia M. Townsend, Donald K. McLean, Peter J. Geary, Rodney A.L. Newth, Steven A. Hunter, Rachel Baines, Ian Baines|
|Dana Green||UK Independence Party||26 East Street, Olney, MK46 4AP||James Washington, Jenethea I. Washington, Daniel Washington, James B. Fleming, Patricia A. Fleming, Lucilla K.H. Pease, Arthur D. Pease, George T.M. Davies, June E. Davies, Lesley A. Mountford|
|Rhiannon Sarah John||The Labour Party Candidate||Talbots Hyde, Olney, MK46 5NP||John H. Ennis, Diane Ennis, Cynthia J. Cartwright, Neil W. Stanley, Geoffrey L.B. Knowles, Stephen R. Martin, John L. Wilson, Margaret Chisholm, David F. Chisholm, Barbara Warren|
|Sam Potts||Liberal Democrats||18 Orchard Way, North Crawley, MK16 9LU||Patricia M. Seymour, Joan E. Mitchell, David Levine, David R. Hunt, Ann Sharpe, Harriet L. Milner, Margaret A. Hart, Pearl Teasdale, Emlyn B. Williams, Joyce Laval|
- Pat Seymour was re-elected as the Councillor to represent Sherington Ward on Milton Keynes Council in the elections which took place on Thursday 1 May 2003, although her majority was reduced from 381 to 143. The results were as follows:
Patricia May Seymour Liberal Democrat 893 Peter James Geary Conservative 750 William Bethune Labour 99 Judith Dana Green UK Independence Party 35
- There are 3237 electors and turn-out was 54.90%, the highest in Milton Keynes.
Milton Keynes COIN Database
- The following link takes you to a search for 'Sherington' entries in the Milton Keynes COIN database on the www.mkweb.co.uk web site: