Interactive Map of Sherington
Warning: Google has recently added more labels to its base map: non-clickable small white text indicating names of buildings. Unfortunately, many of these are in the wrong locations. Ignore them and use the markers instead.
- Use the controls to zoom in/out, pan or switch between satellite and map views. The map can be dragged to re-centre it. Double-clicking the map will zoom in, centred on the selected point. Point at a marker to get a 'tool tip' identifying the marker. Click on a marker to get a pop-up box containing more information and a link to related website pages.
- Use the menu on the left to show only a particular group of markers. The menu will expand to show a list of that group. Click an individual item to highlight the corresponding marker and see the pop-up information.
- Zoom out to see the parish boundary and places lying outside the main built-up area.
- The map now includes StreetView - drag the orange pegman to the required location. Exit StreetView and return to the map by clicking the small X in the top right hand corner of the picture. Markers within about 100 yards or so of the viewing point will be visible (note: they may be referring to something hidden from view behind another building). To get the pop-up information whilst in StreetView, click on the menu rather than the marker.
Other Maps of SheringtonAll open in a new window
GoogleMaps - Get Directions
Bing - Ordnance Survey Bing - Birdseye View Bing - Aerial View
Sherington on Google StreetView
- On 11 March 2010, Google added Sherington (and most of the rest of the UK) to its Street View service on Google Maps. Coverage of the village is extremely comprehensive, consisting of 360 degree photographs taken every few yards along practically all of the public roads. The photos were taken on a lovely sunny afternoon around March/April 2009.
- The following are direct links to some of the village landmarks (they open in a new window):
St Laud's - School Lane - White Hart - Park Road - School - Village Hall
Carters Close - Chapel, Crofts End - Manor House - Sherington Bridge
Sherington Nurseries - Hillview - Swan Inn - The Knoll - High Street - End Farm