Sherington On The Internet
- www.albanhillnurseries.co.uk Alban Hill Nurseries, situated at the north end of the High St near the A509, now has a website advertising their gardening services and products. They also have a coffee shop, which is open daily.
- Two local artists have websites: www.martinwilliamsart.co.uk and www.johnkitchenfineart.com.
- www.scanparish.org.uk - Website for the local churches in SCAN Parish (Sherington, Chicheley, Astwood, North Crawley and Hardmead).
- www.sheringtonshopco.co.uk - Details of the proposed new community shop to be located next to the Village Hall were originally published on Shopco's own website. Following the opening of the shop, the Shopco website has now closed.
- www.michellewing.co.uk - Bespoke jewellery from Michelle Wing.
- http://sherington-boy.blogspot.com - Memories of the period 1954 to 1964 as a boy in Sherington, by Alan Garratt who is now living in Leicestershire.
- http://www.whitehartsherington.com - The White Hart is one of the two village pubs. The site contains details of the pub's facilities, menu and history and has recently been given a facelift. The White Hart is also available on Facebook
- www.swaninnsherington.com - This was the new website for the refurbished Swan Inn, before it closed again.
- www.savetheswansherington.741.com This website, by William 'Griff' Griffiths, provides details of the campaign to save the Swan Inn from its first closure by Charles Wells. You could sign the petition in the Guestbook and there were links for emailing Charles Wells and the local MP.
- www.PeterGardnerGunsmith.co.uk This website, by Simon Anthony, provides details of the services, such as sales, accessories and repairs, offered by Peter Gardner Gunsmith in Water Lane.
- www.fivestarswing.co.uk 'Five Star Swing' includes local musician Stephen Davies. The website lists their concerts and examples of their music can be downloaded.
Sherington Short Mat Bowls Club website has full details of their activities, history and competitions, plus a description of the game itself. The club meets regularly in the Village Hall.Note: the original "www.mywebpage.org.uk/sherington.html" link is no longer active.
- www.clubwebsite.co.uk/sherington/ Sherington Football Club's new website.
- www.sheringtonfc.co.uk Sherington Football Club's old website had details of their fixtures, results, match reports, photos and a tongue-in-cheek club history. They claimed: 'Sherington FC, the home of Sherington Footballers and the Sherington FC Football Ground (surprisingly).
We came, we played, we drank.'
- www.mkweb.co.uk/statistics/documents/Profiles_M-W.pdf Page 10 of this Milton Keynes Council PDF document gives 2001 Census details for Sherington parish. (Note: the main 2001 Census website only provides data for the much larger Sherington Ward, which includes neighbouring villages)
- www.sheringtontwinningassociation.org.uk Details of the Sherington Twinning Association and its activities, plus information on Sameon, Sherington's twin village in France.
- http://webpages.charter.net/dcarlsen/famhistory/samuel_smith_history_long.html 'The History of Samuel Smith of Sherington, England, his Five Wives and their Posterity'. Samuel Smith is not a current resident, but a previous village inhabitant who emigrated to the US in 1843. This website was set up by his descendants and contains interesting historical information about both the Smith family and Sherington.
- http://www.corneliusjones.com Cornelius and Jones is a small touring theatre company based in Carters Close. They perform for adults and children in schools and theatres. The site gives details of the current shows, workshops and tour dates.
- http://clutch.open.ac.uk/schools/sherington01/home.html - Sherington School - Holiday's Past and Present. One of 60 Clutch (Computer Literacy Understanding Through Community History) Club sites featuring stories from the last 150 years in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, South Northamptonshire. The project was funded by the Millennium Commission.
- http://www.sheringtonshootingcentre.co.uk - Details of the facilities for Clay pigeon shooting at Jim Gardner's Sherington Shooting Centre in Water Lane.
- http://www.charlesberry-kennels.com - Charlesberry Kennels not only provides boarding kennels for your dog, but also offers a cattery and a rabbit/guinea pig hotel.
- http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/stephendavies/ or http://www.saxtetpublications.com - If you enjoyed Stephen Davies's music for the 'Son et Lumiere' then you will be interested in this web site containing further examples of his work. Around 20 pieces of music are available for download. A small fee is charged for most pieces, but the 'Sherington Symphonic Overture' is available free of charge.
- http://www.mkheritage.co.uk/shhs/ - The Sherington Historical Society's site contains information on the history of the village, plus details of the Society itself. There is also access to similar information for neighbouring areas via the parent Milton Keynes Heritage Association site.
- http://www.av8er.freeserve.co.uk/sherington.htm - Although not strictly a village-based site, this web site from Av8er Ltd contained information on two hot air balloon events held in the area in July and September 2000, together with aerial photographs of Sherington and the surrounding countryside. It is not currently online.
- Several videos from Sherington are available on YouTube - details.
Other Sherington World Wide Web sites are listed on the left.
The latest additions are at the top.
Please tell us if you know of any others.