Saturday 21 June
in the Manor Garden
- The Fete had been advertised as 'A Fantastic Fun Day For All The Family'. It was certainly 'fantastic'. It exceeded all expectations.
- The weather was perfect: warm and sunny.
- There was a large attendance - 2,200.
- £12,856 was raised. Expenses were £4,163. £3,423 was paid to village organisations, with the balance of £5,270 going to the Church. The following organisations benefited: New Thursday Group, Pre-School, SCAN Kids, Brownies, Mums and Toddlers, Historical Society, Twinning Association, School, Youth Club, SCAN magazine and the website.
- It took Ella Field and David Hyde all day Sunday to count the money.
- The Grand Auction raised £2550: £1800 directly from bids, with a generous supplement of £750 from Barclays Bank.
- The raffle raised £1300 (see below).
- The Team Challenge was won by the Venture Landrover team headed by Ian and Ruth Thompson. Click here for full details.
- The winning scarecrow was the ballet dancer from Church End.
- Congratulations to these and all the other winners.
- A big thank you for making this event such a success goes to:
- Dianne and Andy Stewart for hosting the Fete in the lovely moated gardens of their Manor House and to Dianne for leading the team of organisers.
- The whole team of organisers who worked very hard for many weeks.
- The large number of people who helped by providing services or manning stalls.
- The many sponsors, see the list on the Sponsorship page.
- Everybody who attended and took part.
- There are 90 fete photos on the web site - check them all out.
- Did we miss something? If you have a fete photograph that you would like to share with web site visitors, please email it to us and we will add it to the collection.
- First prize: 00775 Laura Harrington, £350 cash
- Second prize: 02516 Ron (MKCCG), VCR Player
- Third prize: 01288 Roger S, Bosch Vacuum (worth £100)
- 02143 Mick Beal, Bottle of Moet & Chandon champagne
- 01544 Pearl Teasdale, £30 voucher for Frosts Garden Centre
- 00779 Madge Hine, Dinner for 2 at Moore Place Hotel (murder-mystery evening)
- 02460 P Wood, Sunday Lunch for 2 at The Swan, Sherington
- 02476 S Tanner, Entrance for 2 adults and 2 children at Woburn Abbey
- 01518 Kay Turrell, Tickets for 2 for The Stables
- 02599 Doreen Bethwaite, Breville Sandwich Maker
- 00556 Jan Pedder, Entrance for 2 adults at Bletchley Park for an Open Weekend
- 01265 Jo Jennings, £20 voucher for Pumpkin Patch
- 02395 Mrs D Stephens, Meat Voucher
- 01064 K Nicholls, Frozen Turkey
- 02507 Mike Klein, Cut and Blow Dry at Changes
- 02227 Peter Mays, Set of 3 ciders
- 00181 Ali Kennealy, Lunch for 2 at The Tea Pot, Olney
- 02471 John Roach, Voucher for Mandala, Olney
- 00808 Kevin Colyer, Aromatherapy treatment
- 01907 Martin Leach, Potted plant
- 01483 Pat Quinn, Meal for 2 at The Robin Hood
- 1,728 tickets were sold. £350 went in prize money. Over £400 was returned to groups who helped sell tickets and just under £900 went to St Laud's.