The St Andrew's and Sherington Church of England Schools' Partnership

  History of the School

  • The School in Sherington dates back to the 1870's. The original school building, now a private house called the 'Old School House', is situated next door to the current school and was built in 1872. At that time the school catered for a wider age range.
     
  • The current school buildings were opened formally in May 1958.
     
  • The Sherington Historical Society devotes one of the sections of its web site to the History of the School.
     
  • It also includes various old photographs, including school group photographs from 1890 to 2000. Only a small sample are shown here.
     
  • Please contact the Historical Society if you have any old school photographs or information that they could add to their archives.
School sports day in the 1950s School photograph - 1987

 

  Latest update:  14 February 2014                                                 Home     About Us     News     Learning     Enrolling     Parents     Back to top