Scarecrows - 18 to 25 June |
Yes, they're back! The SCARECROWS are here! New 2005 Photos|
- We'd like as many households as possible involved, so get the whole family thinking of their original ideas now!
- Don't leave it to the last minute! Please have your scarecrows in place the weekend before the Fete, so everyone has plenty of time to see them.
- On 25 June, please take your scarecrow along to the Fete itself, where they will be put on display in 'Scary Alley'.
- Enter the competition for the Best Scarecrow and win a prize!
- The prize is a family ticket to Gulliver Land
- Judging starts on Saturday 18 June. The judges are Norman Arnold and Philip Smith.
- Don't forget to get your entry form if you want a chance to win the prize! No entry form, no prize.
- If you prefer, you can just put up your scarecrow for fun.
- Further information (and entry forms) from: Norman Arnold (21A High Street, Tel: 612794) or Philip Smith (39 Water Lane, Tel: 610984)
- The scarecrow competition is organised by Sherington Historical Society.
Tips and Ideas
- Would you like some tips on how to make a scarecrow? Visit this website
- Need some ideas? These villages have annual scarecrow festivals and their websites show what is possible: Thornton Hough on the Wirral and Kettlewell, Yorkshire.